For Christians, theology is the lens through which the Gospel is projected to the world. Therefore, good theological training is essential to the spiritual development of Christians and to their edification of society.
While abundant training resources–seminary level coursebooks, video series, small group workbooks for example–exist in English, there often aren’t similar resources available for Christians who don’t speak English.
In fact, for many Christian communities, there is little or no theological material available in their native language.
The consequences of this shortage are powerful:
- Pastors and leaders are ill-equipped to teach and care for their congregations and communities
- Earnest, motivated Christians aren’t able to have the Gospel impact they might otherwise have
- Many Christian communities are entirely dependent upon one or two trained pastors (and often falter when that pastor moves or–as in the persecuted church–is removed from his position)
Biblical training matters. It makes a tangible difference in the lives of Christians around the world. Here are a few example of how our work impacts the lives of others:
- Pastors and other leaders (many of whom have less than 1 hour of Bible training) finally have the resources they need to fulfill their calling
- Small groups (and even whole churches) are supplied with training resources in their language
- Individual Christians are able to personally study scripture and grow in their relationship with God
Our work requires a very particular–and scarce–combination of skills and knowledge. Due to the complexity of the subject matter, our translators must be qualified linguists as well as trained theologians.
We have a gifted group of translators and editors who use their remarkable abilities to advance the Gospel. We support them with advanced training, financial assistance, and project management.
Your support helps us to fulfill our mission. We cannot do it without your help.